Book Talks #2: How Innovation Works
14 June 2020
7 takeaways from Matt Riddley's newest book
- Innovation combines existing components in new ways
- Serendipity is often the force behind innovation. Trade, Travel, Commerce and Exploration increase serendipity.
- Innovation is more of an evolution rather than a revolution.
- Innovation fluorishes on freedom. The ultimate open-source Innovation often happens by consumers themselves.
- Innovation drives Science as often as Science drives Innovation.
- Innovation happens when different ideas have sex.
- The government is bad at innovation. Extreme patent and copyright laws often have impeded many technologies from developing faster.